Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tree Lighting? Really?

So every year the week after Thanksgiving, Rockfeller Center hosts a Tree Lighting ceremony with famous guests, entertainment, the whole nine. Thousands of people go every year(pushing and shoving each other no less. This is New York) to stand in the freezing cold(and rain in today's case) for about 3 hours to see lights brighten on a skyscraper-looking tree. I'll admit that I've gone about once every year till I was about 12. But I can't believe the utter excitement people feel just to go see a tree light up. I could understand the excitement coming from a child that's about 6 or 7 years old, but middle aged people gettinh hype over a TREE ?! No me joda! I could easily put up a tree in the warmth of my own home, insert the plug, and boom! the lighs are on. People, its just a damn tree! Its not bringing you luck, they're not giving out any prizes at this "ceremony" and honestly it is too fucking cold out. So grow the hell up and watch that shit at home like the rest of America.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree!! I think it's soo stupid to stand outside for three hours!!!

    ReplyDelete